RailSmith SPandS Mount Hood
This car is now in stock. 5/22
The Mount Hood was delivered in 1950 along with eight other cars as part of the Portland extension of the GN’s Empire Builder. The lettering board was changed from Empire Builder to ‘Spokane, Portland & Seattle’ in 1952. This version lasted the longest on this car, until it was painted the Broad Stripe scheme 1966-67.
Our model will include the roof antenna (photo etch) as well as the twin tail drumheads as seen in this photo of the real car. (These drumheads are not lit.)
This is the sister car to the ‘Mount St. Helens’, and both being used for the same service.
This is a Classic version of the car.
History of the Cars – Check out the SP&S Streamliner story