RailSmith SPandS Diner 405
IN STOCK-SEPTEMBER 2023
Dining car number 405 was delivered in 1950 along with eight other cars as part of the Portland extension of the Great Northern’s Empire Builder. As delivered it contained a 32 seat diner and 10 seat parlor section. It was later rearranged to a full 48 seat diner as our model is. The lettering board was changed from Empire Builder to ‘Spokane, Portland & Seattle’ in 1952. This version lasted the longest on this car, until it was painted the Broad Stripe scheme 1965 and given the name Columbia.
This is a Classic version of the car.
History of the Cars – Check out the SP&S Streamliner story